CSC Officers and Exec 2021/22
The 8 ordinary members for 2021/22
What does the CSC Executive do? The Executive is made up of the CSC Officers, plus 8 ordinary members elected by the Treasurers of currently recognised societies. The Executive’s job is to run the CSC day-to-day, making decisions on grant applications, recognition of new societies, and other matters.
Duties of Society Officers to the CSC – Elected officers, have a duty of care to your society, but you also have certain responsibilities towards the CSC. If you are experiencing any difficulties with regards to running your society, please either call into the office or email us and we will try to fix the problem together.
Aug 26, 2021 12:00 PM
Aug 27, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 2, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 3, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 9, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 10, 2021 12:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 876 6512 2342
The responsibility and duties of the Chairperson of the CSC shall be:
- the chairing of meetings of the Committee and Executive.
- the appointment of chairpersons to any sub‐committees of the Executive or the Committee.
- the responsibility for the overall running of the Committee.
- the responsibility, in conjunction with the Honorary Treasurer, for support staff employment and relations.
- to liaise with such other bodies as appoint representatives to the Capitation Committee and to act as chief negotiator with bodies or persons not covered in the briefs of other Officers.
Hey guys! My name is Claire Stafford (she/her) and I’m this year’s CSC Secretary. I’m here to help with setting up new societies, constitutional amendments, general meetings, secretary’s reports and any general questions you might have about running a society. Please don’t hesitate to shoot me a message at [email protected] or drop in for a chat!
Monday office hours:
Meeting ID: 997 2655 8023
Aug 30th, 2021 2:00 PM
Sep 6th, 2021 2:00 PM
Tuesday office hours: https://tcd-ie.zoom.us/j/97473521765?pwd=WTIwVncrMm1FcFJXL210NGpjM2tEZz09
Meeting ID: 974 7352 1765
Aug 31st, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 7th, 2021 12:30 PM
The responsibility and duties of the Secretary of the CSC shall be:
- the oversight of the preparation of agendas and minutes for meetings of the Committee and Executive.
- the oversight of the keeping and proper archiving of the Committee’s records.
- the oversight of general correspondence of the Committee.
- ruling upon the degree of adherence of the reported activities of each University Society, as reflected within its Annual Activity Report, to the criteria for its activities as defined by its constitution, and on whether said Activity Report satisfies the obligations upon University Societies stipulated by the articles of this Constitution and the duly enacted Policies of this Committee, which Activity Reports are submitted in accordance with the requirements of this Constitution.
- to ensure the on‐going availability to all members of the Committee of an up‐to‐date copy of the Committee’s Constitution and its Grants Policy Document and to inform members of the availability of said documentation at the beginning of each academic year.
- the constitutional affairs of the Committee and of all University Societies.
- to chair meetings of the Committee and Executive in the absence of the Chairperson and the Honorary Treasurer.
- the formulation of recommendations to the Executive in respect of the provisional recognition of prospective University Societies.
- the formulation of recommendations to the Committee in respect of the full recognition of provisional University Societies.
- the oversight of all CSC Publications.
- to represent the Committee on any national Student Society Organisation to which it may affiliate.
Hi guys, My name is Alice Lennon (she/her) and I’m this year’s CSC Treasurer. Societies have given me some of the best opportunities and experiences in college – from hosting speakers and balls and running events weeks with the Christian Union, dancing with DU Dance and becoming an expert Yogi, there is such a variety of activities to get involved in.
As your CSC Treasurer, I’m here to help with all things financial! From treasurer questions to grant decisions and sponsorship queries, I’m your point of contact and friendly face. Please don’t hesitate to pop me an email at [email protected] or join my office hours for a chat!
Office Hours 1-3pm Tuesdays
Alice Lennon Treasurer Office Hours
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 975 0921 2916
The responsibility and duties of the Treasurer of the CSC shall be:
- the oversight of all financial matters of the Committee.
- the oversight of the finances of all University Societies saving those with very large turn‐over, the oversight of which shall fall to the Honorary Treasurer.
- ruling on the adherence of the financial records of a University Society to the criteria defined for the same within the Grants Policy Document, and on whether said financial records satisfy the obligations upon University Societies stipulated by the articles of this Constitution and the duly enacted Policies of this Committee, which records are submitted in accordance with the requirements of this Constitution.
- to act in conjunction with the Honorary Treasurer in drawing up budgets and drafting a Grants Policy Document.
- to act in conjunction with the Honorary Treasurer in all the Committee’s dealings with banks and other financial institutions.
- to chair meetings of the Committee and Executive in the absence of the Chairperson, the Honorary Treasurer and the Secretary.
The CSC Amenities Officer for 2021/22 is Sara Rinaldi [email protected]e
Hello, hello, my name is Sara Rinaldi (she/her) and I am your CSC Amenities officer for this year. I am here to help you take care of your society rooms and make the best of the resources available to societies on campus. Please don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected] for any queries regarding access to amenities.
Office hours: Mondays 9-11am. Topic: Sara Rinaldi (she/her)’s Personal Meeting Room
Meeting ID: 524 914 2440
One tap mobile
The responsibilities of the Amenities Officer shall be:
- the allocation and maintenance of University Society rooms and facilities.
- the procurement of capital items on behalf of the Committee and for University Societies as appropriate.
- to deal with the College authorities relevant to amenities of the Committee.
- to act as the nominated safety officer of the Committee.
- to act as the nominated recycling officer of the Committee.
- to chair meetings of the Committee in the absence of the Chairperson, the Honorary Treasurer, the Secretary and the Treasurer.
CSC Honorary Treasurer Ronan Hodson. [email protected]
The responsibilities of the Honorary Treasurer
- the oversight of the financial affairs of University Societies with a large turnover and advising the Treasurer on the quality of said financial records prior to the Treasurer’s ruling on said financial records.
- the formulation of the Committee’s long‐term financial policy.
- the preparation, in conjunction with the Treasurer of the Committee’s annual financial records.
- the presentation of the Committee’s annual financial records to the Committee at the appointed General Meeting of the Committee.
- to ensure the on‐going provision to all members of Committee of up‐to‐date statements of the sums granted to University Societies at meetings of the Executive.
- the presentation of the Committee’s annual financial records to the Capitation Committee at the appointed meeting of said committee.
- the responsibility, in conjunction with the Chairperson, for support staff employment and relations.
- To act as Vice‐Chairperson of the Committee and Executive.
The Honorary Treasurer shall not be entitled to vote at any meeting of the Committee or its Executive, other than a casting vote when in the Chair or when meeting under the provisions of 6.10 of the constitition
About running for a position on the CSC
Can I become a member of the CSC executive?
Registered students who are currently engaged in academic studies or research, or staff of the University, are eligible to be elected to the Executive or as an Officer of the Committee. Executive members are elected at the CSC’s Annual General Meeting, week 10 of Hilary Term. Nominations are made a week in advance of the AGM, if you are interested please ensure that you get the treasurers of 2 fully recognised societies to propose and second you using the forms that will be emailed out. Being on CSC Exec is a great way to see how societies work, and to get involved. Exec meets once a week during term time – in Michaelmas Term, meetings can go on for up to 2 hours, but once grant applications have been dealt with they can finished within an hour. If you want to know more about it, please get in touch.
Running for a position as a CSC officer.
It may help to have already served as an ordinary member of the Executive, however any registered students who are currently engaged in academic studies or research, or staff of the University, are eligible can be nominated for any of the Officerships of the CSC. You must be nominated by two Treasurers of fully recognised societies.