The Central Societies Committee (CSC) is the sole body on campus with the power to grant recognition to societies. As the governing body of societies, the CSC represents their interests in dealings with the College authorities. Every year a new Executive Committee is elected to carry out the Committee’s activities and by electing them the Committee delegates its duties and powers to that Exec. The CSC is distinct from the Students’ Union, DUCAC (Dublin University Central Athletic Club), the Graduate Students’ Union & Trinity Publications, although all groups represent students or their interests in College. We are here to help with any query or problem you might have.
From the 8th May until 4th September 2017 the CSC office will open on a part time basis. We will be available through out the summer via email should you have a query – our contact details can be found here. CSC Officers or CSC Staff
The objects of the CSC are:
- To consider applications for, and to grant, recognition as University societies; and to regulate the continuing recognition of such societies.
- To elect representatives to sit on the Capitation Committee.
- To elect representatives to sit on other committees as appropriate.
- To seek from the Capitation Committee a proportion of the capitation fees adequate to meet the needs of societies.
- To distribute grants to societies out of the money allocated to the C.S.C. by the Capitation Committee, and to oversee the usage of said monies.
- To oversee the auditing of the accounts of societies.
- To develop an overall policy for the maintenance, use and extension of the accommodation and facilities available to societies, and to implement any such policies by the acquisition by the
- To promote the interests of student societies and to act as their representative within the University of Dublin and Trinity College.
- CSC or its duly appointed nominees of property by purchase, lease, hire, exchange or otherwise.
- The CSC is one of five “capitated bodies” in College. The others are: The Students Union (SU), The D.U. Central Athletic Club (DUCAC), The Publications Committee (Pubs) and the Graduate Students Union (GSU)